Posted on the Montford listserv by David Patterson
Preliminary Planning & Zoning Commission Agenda
Wednesday, August 1, 2012 @ 5:00 pm
City Hall – 70 Court Plaza
First Floor North Conference Room
www.ashevillenc.gov (search “Planning & Zoning Commission”)
PRE-MEETING AGENDA – 4:30 PM, 5TH FLOOR CITY HALL
- Brief presentation from chair of Board of Adjustment
- Review of agenda items
PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION AGENDA – 5:00 PM 1ST FLOOR CITY HALL
The Planning and Zoning Commission will hear public comments only on items that appear on the agenda. Presentations by the public shall be limited to no more than ten (10) minutes for the main spokesperson for a group and no more than three (3) minutes for other individuals. Additional information may be conveyed to the Planning and Zoning Commission in written form.
1. Approval of minutes from the July 19, 2012 meeting.
Consideration of the initial zoning of recently annexed property in the UNC Asheville Area to INST (Institutional) and RS4 (Residential Single-Family Medium Density). Institutional – PINs 9639-87-7590, 9639-87-7617, 9639-88-7836, 9639-88-8905, 9639-89-9028, 9639-89-9257, 9639-89-9497, 9639-97-1306, 9639-98-0232, 9639-98-1906, 9639-99-0098, 9639-99-0689, 9639-99-1867, 9639-99-2065, 9639-99-2133, 9639-99-2219, 9639-99-2918, 9639-99-3773, 9639-99-7385 (portion), 9730-91-8121, 9740-00-3127, 9740-00-7662 (portion), and 9740-10-1820 (portion) in the Buncombe County tax records; RS-4 (Residential Single Family Medium Density) – PINs 9649-09-5686 and 9649-09-6434 (portion) in the Buncombe County tax records. Planner coordinating review – Blake Esselstyn
1. Continued from July 19 Meeting – Review of Level II site plan for the project identified as Plasticard-Locktech International-Expansion located at 605 Sweeten Creek Industrial Park. The project proposes to expand the existing 63,652 sq foot facility by an additional 39,406 sq feet. The total square footage will be 103,058. The property owner is Plasticard-Locktech International/Mark Goldberg and the contact is Todd Miller. The property is identified in the Buncombe County Tax records as PIN 9657-41-1845. Planner coordinating review – Jessica Bernstein.
1. Ordinance amending Article 11, Chapter 7 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Asheville to update standards for outdoor lighting. Planner coordinating review – Shannon Tuch
- Discuss need for mid-month meeting, August 16.
- Next meeting will be Wednesday, September 5 at 5 p.m.