John Russell, Managing DirectorÂ
The Montford Park Players, North Carolinaâ€™s longest running Shakespeare Festival, opens its 40th anniversary season April 12 through 29 with Shakespeareâ€™s comedy As You Like It at Ashevilleâ€™s historic Masonic Temple, 80 Broadway Street.
This comedy, the very first play presented by MPP in 1973, follows its heroine Rosalind as she flees persecution in her uncleâ€™s court, accompanied by her cousin Celia and Touchstone the court jester, to find safety and eventually love in the Forest of Arden. Thereâ€™s plenty of Shakespearean poetry, frivolity, and cross-dressing along with the famous â€śAll the worldâ€™s a stageâ€ť soliloquy. Come join the merry displaced band in the forest at The Masonic Temple.
Tickets are available online at www.montfordparkplayers.org or by calling the box office at 254-5146.
Performances are Thursday through Sunday evenings at 7:30 p.m. with 2:30 p.m. matinees on Saturdays and Sundays.Â The first and second Thursdays, April 12 and 19, are â€śPay What Weâ€™re Worth Nightsâ€ť: No reservationsâ€”see the show and THEN pay what you think weâ€™re worth!
Weâ€™re pleased to announce that our 40th anniversary outdoor season will also include:
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) â€“ Apocalypse Now! â€“ May 10 â€“ 26
- Much Ado about Nothing â€“ June 1 â€“ 23
- A Midsummer Nightâ€™s Dream â€“ June 29 â€“ July 23
- The Merry Wives of Windsor â€“ July 27 â€“ August 18
- Richard II â€“ presented for the first time on stage at the Hazel Robinson Amphitheatre, August 24 â€“ September 15
For more information contact me at 254-5146 or email@example.com.